Monday, December 11, 2006

Wesley Snipes Is In Big Trouble


IMDB is reporting that Wesley Snipes is out on bail, but still in a whole shitload of trouble with the government:

"He pleaded not guilty to charges he fraudulently claimed refunds totalling nearly $12 million from taxes he paid in 1996 and 1997. The federal indictment accuses Snipes of using an accounting firm known for filing false returns in exchange for 20 percent of all the money refunded and he is also charged with failing to file any tax returns from 1999 to 2004."

I'd like to take a second and say that, frankly, I find these charges ridiculous and totally without merit. To say that Wesley Snipes, a true Hollywood mega-star, would need to somehow cheat the government out of several million dollars is preposterous. Why would he do that? You think he doesn't already have enough money? Take a quick look at some of his hits:

Blade, Blade 2, Blade 3, Money Train, White Men Can't Jump, Demolition Man, The Fan, Murder at 1600, US Marshals, Major League, etc., etc.

...I'd like to formally retract my criticism of the government's case against Wesley Snipes.

Furthermore: Jesus fuck, how does this man have enough money to eat? Did you see that list? I left out Rising Sun and Undisputed. I'm telling you, if the guy responsible for the Blade series came up to me and begged for a sandwich, I'd have to think awfully hard about not curbstomping him.

Wes would be crazy not to have tried to make himself some money on the side, man.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home